Friday, March 12, 2010

Succumbing to Temptation

We parted so suddenly. It had to happen. How I loved you! All the more because you and I should never have crossed paths, my lips should never have tasted your sweet delights! You are forbidden, I knew and yet I indulged. Oh it was wonderful, that short, amazing time I had you where I didn't have a thought for anything else but you!

But it was wrong, it was sinful, with every taste, I felt shame and pain! So I walked away from the temptation. It was the hardest thing to do. I couldn't deal with guilt I felt. Then you left and I pined.

I thought about you all the time; how could I not? You were my guilty pleasure and my comfort. I knew it was wrong, but I longed for you. For my sanity, I had to forget. I turned to work, to exercise and to focusing on my health. Oh, I became healthy, I lost weight, I took care of myself, I became a normal person again, no longer obsessing over the forbidden fruit. I became happy, and I thought about you less and less.

And then you returned. Suddenly you were here, in front of me looking as delicious as always! I tried to ignore you. I tried very hard. I went out of my way to avoid you so that I wouldn't have to think about you. But that day in the break room at work, when you showed up, I knew it was a lost cause. I didn't even fight the temptation! It was so wrong but I no longer cared. Like an addict, all I could think about was the taste, that moment when my lips wrapped themselves around you. Just once, I told myself. Just once.

You were as I remembered, sweet, so so sweet, so smooth, tingling all my senses! I knew then that I couldn't stop at just once. Oh, I knew how weak I was when it came to you. I knew now that I had lost the battle again.

I gave in. I picked up the phone, text my friend Sandy and asked her how much a case of you would cost. Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies!
"Thanks so much for the order," said Sandy. "but what the hell are you going to do with a case of thin mints???" she questioned.

Eat them, my friend. Eat them all!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see your blog today...click on ours and Follow us...so we can exchange stuff online:)

    adoring you...
    Ambrose and Scottie, San Francisco

    ReplyDelete